Brazil nuts are tree nuts native to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru. Their smooth, buttery texture and nutty flavour are typically enjoyed raw or blanched. These nuts are energy dense, highly nutritious, and one of the most concentrated dietary sources of the mineral selenium.
The benefits of selenium?
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant.
- May reduce your risk of certain cancers.
- May protect against heart disease.
- Helps prevent mental decline.
- Is important for thyroid health.
- Boosts your immune system.
- May help reduce asthma symptoms.